Sign up for our eNewsletter!
Monterey County's monthly newsletter keeps you up-to-date with upcoming event information, itinerary ideas, occasional contests & more. more
Shopping in Carmel-by-the-Sea
Monterey County's shopping scene is full of great deals and extraordinary surprises, from fine art to locally owned boutiques and everything in between.
In Moss Landing, travelers pull off Highway 1 to explore antique shops, art galleries and high-fashion showrooms. South of Moss Landing, Carmel-by-the-Sea offers personal attention, luxury boutiques and charming wine tasting rooms. Cannery Row's shops give visitors a taste of Monterey's nautical heritage.
In addition to personal attention and unique, affordable goods, shoppers in Monterey County enjoy variety. The region's stores, studios and retail centers are as diverse as its beach, mountain and vineyard landscapes. That means the perfect purchase is never hard to find.
Monterey County Shopping Spots
- Where to swipe those cards? These shopping hot spots are sure to satisfy!
- Moss Landing has long been known for its antique shops, but this small village is evolving into a hub for artists and designers such as Stella Page and plein-air painter Barry Marshall.
- More than 100 artists maintain galleries and studios in Carmel-by-the-Sea. The sidewalks of this one-square-mile village are fronted by family owned boutiques and specialty shops that carry clothing, gifts, wines and more.
- In downtown Monterey, independent stores line Alvarado Street. Visitors can also pick up souvenirs, art, antiques and wine on Cannery Row.
- In addition to golf apparel and accessories, gifts from the Pebble Beach courses and prints of world-famous fairways, the shops at The Lodge at Pebble Beach stock men's and women's clothing, indulgent bath products, jewelry and art.
- Home to many of the Monterey Peninsula's automotive dealerships, Seaside also has an array of independent stores in the downtown area plus national retailers on its outskirts.
- Oldtown Salinas boasts one-of-a-kind boutiques, tea and wine shops, and home furnishings and sporting goods stores, while other well-known retailers anchor area shopping centers.
- Galleries, greenhouses and tasting rooms can be found in the Mid-Valley Shopping Center and Carmel Valley Village.
Shopping Centers & Villages
The Barnyard in Carmel is an upscale open-air shopping village with specialty shops and some of the area's stand-out restaurants. Neighboring Crossroads Shopping Village is an avenue of boutique fashion, jewelry, gift shops, and restaurants.
Just eight blocks from the beautiful Carmel-by-the-Sea coastline, Carmel Plaza is a luxury shopping area with designer brands and restaurants. Their seasoned concierges can assist you with your shopping plans.
Monterey's Del Monte Shopping Center features department stores, numerous brand stores and casual restaurants, and a 13-screen, state-of-the-art movie theater complex. Northridge Mall in Salinas is Monterey County's largest mall, with over 130 shops.