As we count down to the opening of the newly renovated $60M+ Monterey Conference Center, the facility recently made headlines in Smart Meetings, along with a number of Monterey Bay area properties currently being renovated and upgraded. View the article here.
Did you know the Monterey Conference Center turns 40 years old this April? Here are a few other fun facts to note about this Monterey icon:
- It is 268 steps from the front of Monterey Conference Center to the waterfront.
- The most expensive car sold at the Monterey Conference Center was a historic Ferrari that sold for a cool $27.5 million at the 2013 RM Auction during Monterey Car Week.
- The first ever TED Conference was held at Monterey Conference Center in 1984.
- The refurbished bronze statue of Don Gaspar de Portola, the first governor of California, was donated by King Juan Carlos I of Spain to the City of Monterey in 1978.
- And last, but not least, the Monterey Conference Center is getting a $60M facelift! In summer 2017, the Conference Center debuts its modern, state-of-the-art meeting facility designed by world-renowned architects, SOM.