It doesn’t take long for visitors to realize that Monterey County is special. With a wide range of activities that touch on history, art, health, cuisine, and adventure, Monterey County offers the chance to make memories — ones that can be made here and nowhere else. Only in Monterey Country can you...
1. Glide down the glorious 17-Mile Drive with the windows down and the breeze in your hair.
3. See over 35,000 creatures representing over 550 sea life and marine species at Monterey Bay Aquarium, including the area’s favorite mascot, the sea otter.
4. Have breakfast with the elephants by booking a private bungalow at Vision Quest Safari Bed and Breakfast in the Salinas Valley.
5. Take a deep breath, then jump at Monterey Bay Skydive — it’s one the highest jumps you can do and you can't beat the views!
8. Experience euphoria after trading off hot and cold plunges at the Refuge, Monterey’s iconic outdoor spa and the first co-ed spa in America.
9. Spot a raft of sea otters at Elkhorn Slough, one of California's largest tracts of tidal salt marsh and home to hundreds of species of wildlife.
10.Rock climb at Pinnacles National Park and traverse 23 million-year old formations.
11. Enjoy Monterey County's wine offerings in an intimate boutique setting — often poured by the actual winemakers themselves.
13. Avoid a life of crime and head to Carmel-by-the-Sea's City Hall to get a permit to wear high heels — a peculiar law that was authored in 1963!
Any local will tell you: Monterey is just a bit different, isn’t it? Full of history, food, art, and adventures you can’t find anywhere else, it’s about time you had an experience that feels “uniquely Monterey.”