California is one of the only places in the world where you can see whales year-round, and there's no better place for whale watching than Monterey.
Below are a just a few reasons why you need to get out and take a whale watching tour now!
1. Witness a Humpback feeding frenzy on krill and small schooling fish - which happen almost daily. What an experience to witness these behemoths lunging up to the surface, huge mouths agape and throats expanded as they feed.
2. Short commute - it’s just a ten minute boat ride from Moss Landing Harbor to see Humpback Whales.
3. Sanctuary Cruises has a Marine Biologist on board every trip to interpret the show being put on by the wildlife.
4. Swarms of dolphins up close! There is no greater thrill than having hundreds of dolphins leaping around the boat and rushing towards the Sanctuary to playfully ride the bow. Our dolphins really entertain.
5. See a Mola Mola (sunfish) in all its blobby glory, floating near the surface of the sea.
6. Smell a whale’s breath. Can you guess what it smells like? If you guessed fish, you are correct!