Did you know the Monterey Conference Center is turning 40 years old? Here are a few other fun facts to note about this Monterey icon.
- It is 268 steps from the front of Monterey Conference Center to the waterfront.
- The most expensive car sold at the Monterey Conference Center was a historic Ferrari which sold for a cool $27.5 million at the 2013 RM Auction during Monterey Car Week.
- The first ever TED Conference was held at Monterey Conference Center in 1984.
- The refurbished bronze statue of Don Gaspar de Portola, the first governor of California, was donated by King Juan Carlos I of Spain to the City of Monterey in 1978.
- And last, but not least, the Monterey Conference Center is getting a $60 million facelift! In summer 2017 the conference center debuts its modern, state-of-the-art meeting facility designed by world renowned architects, SOM.
The venue is sure to provide even more inspiring moments for generations to come.