The 50th Annual Monterey Scottish Games & Celtic Festival is just around the corner! On August 5th and 6th, the Monterey County Fair & Event Center transforms into a slice of Scotland with all sorts of activities like athletic games, highland dancing, bagpipe competitions, and much more! Bring the whole family and let your wee ones compete in the fun Scottish Festival's "Kids' Games" on site.
Here are just a few reasons why you simply cannot miss this piping hot event!
- Prepare to be amazed by the thrilling sounds of award-winning bagpipe bands performing in traditional kilts.
- Feast on delectable meat pies, bangers and mash, and Scottish shortbread all washed down by a refreshing Guinness beer.
- Gawk in wonder at the incredible strength of athletes participating in the many athletic events including the famous caber toss.
- Shop for unique Scottish, British and Irish crafts, jewelry, and clothing.
- Take in the amazing sights of the rhythmic Irish and Highland dancers as they perform classic dances in gorgeous costumes.
Visit the official Monterey Scottish Games & Celtic Festival's website for more information. One day tickets are $15 and two day tickets are $20 in advance.